Thursday, November 17, 2005

Poop Decorators

What a long day. Have those? We do. Every Thursday, without fail. Our routine begins at 7:00 am. I shower and Jon eats; Jon showers and I eat. Socks, books, papers, and jackets start to fly around the apartment at exactly 7:57, in a predictable 3-minutes frenzy otherwise known as "things-I-forgot-to-put-together-last-night-for-morning's-9:30-class." Following a brisk 6 block walk, a bus-ride, a skytrain commute, and another bus transfer, we're finally on the mountain. This 2 hour ritual is truly an assault on the terribly sensitive morning body. After eight straight hours in captivity, we get to go home. Luckily, today's events ended on a high note.

Recall our loathing of Safeway? Apparently our blog has reached the masses, and in doing so saved us from our grocery misery. A day after that post, my sister called. My sister is a full-fledged Vancouverite. She does not own an umbrella - just a heavy duty rain jacket. She also camps, hikes, aspires to do yoga, and loves art lattes. How much more left-coast can one get? She doesn't carry a miniature dog in her matching purse yet so there is still work to be done. But I digress. My sister called, having read the post, and having lived in all sorts of jurisdictions in the GVA, she had some important insight for me: a 75 minute journey from my house, but most importantly, a 5 minute skytrain detour on my way home, will take me to the haven known as Extra Foods.

Extra Foods sells PC Products, and today, Jonathan and I checked it out. We had the conveyor belt brimming with boxed PC Products. I wanted to hug our wood-fired pizza, as well as the cashier, but I didn't. I just paid with my PC Mastercard, grinning from ear to ear, and happily sauntered home with Jon and our groceries. So happy was I that I left my mitts on the skytrain... :(

Now Jonathan and I are sitting down to devour our wood-fired PC pizza, with a pot of English Rose tea (from Steeps!). We were going to have chili, using the recipe Julien posted, but alas we didn't have corn.

"We don't need corn!" Jon said,
"But I do. I like it! We can't make chili without corn" I reply,
"You just like it because it makes poop decorators" Jon finishes.

So that was that. We're having pizza instead.

- Sima

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Corn comes up in a number of blogs.

Including one of my first blogs way back in 09/2001.

John is right, it is decorators. Corn isn't digestable. So don't feel funny next time you see it on the way out.

So you lost your gloves Seems? sigh, what would do you if your head wasn't attached?

10:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh btw, if I ever caught Natisha with a dog in her purse, then she'd officially be called a "yuppie".

But god knows I'd NEVER let her become one.

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! I think I just pooped on your blog. Sand decorators I'm afraid.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sans decorators that is.

3:58 PM  
Blogger CreepingLily said...

Awful... You know WHY they become poop decorators? Human being are too damned lazy to CHEW! If people chewed, there'd be no chance of whole corn kernels taking the scenic route and coming out unscathed at the end of the day. Shame! Shame! *sigh* This is my first post on your website, bitches, enjoy it. You're all asleep back in freaking Canada... *sigh* I miss that stupidly cold continent.
Lils

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"See you tomorrow corn" my brother always says and waves adieu with his little fork before munching it down...

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home