Friday, November 25, 2005

Three minutes and three days

Wow. How quickly things change. Today, my sister commented on the fact that we haven't posted in a few days now. She sounded a bit worried. I was too. After all, we love our blog - how could we haven't neglected it for three whole days? What was wrong with us?

The answer just dawned on me earlier today.

Reminds me of all the times I tell Jonathan I want something. I want a pony. I want a puppy. He never responds well to these sorts of requests. And now, I know why.

Ponies, and puppies need love. They need to be feed, and walked, and played with. Like our blog, they would probably receive a lot of attention in the beginning. After all, in our first week, I wanted to post every three seconds. Jonathan held me back (not unwise). And now look at me! Look what has become! I haven't posted in three days. The treachery! If our blog were a puppy, it would be hungry by now. Unloved. Unattended too. Maybe even bored. Obviously, I am neither ready for ponies nor puppies. But a blog - isn't that a good place to start practicing that nurturing role? Maybe this is my red flag going up, alerting me to the fact that if I can't be responsible enough to have a blog, I certainly won't be ready for those larger things. Like plants and babies. It is definitely worth my further consideration. And Jon's. In the meantime, I'll try to find that happy balance between three days and three minutes.

As a recap, today Jon and I threw in the kitchen towel and had dinner at Moxies. Our kitchen has been pretty underutilized this week of papers. But, we bought a cookbook today (with Nat) from Caban and it looks quite promising. We're settling down to watch Batman (Jon's pick), which means tomorrow night will be Pride and Prejudice...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby steps. First get a husband, then move on to the things that require real commitment in life, like plants and blogs.

- brendan

3:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Making your husband watch Pride and Prejudice is tantamount to neglecting a puppy for upwards of a year. For shame!

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's very very true, I begged for a kitty when I was little and when I finally got one for my bday, I played with it for like 2 days, then ignored it. You did better with your blog than I ever did with the cat!

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home