Saturday, November 26, 2005

On Books and Butter

Yup - that's what my life boils down to these days.

For example: Today I got up, had some food, worked on a stats paper, had some more food, worked on the same old stats paper some more and then had some more food. Which leaves me here.

Now I am not one to be opposed to school, or food for that matter. After all, this whole grad school thing is completely voluntary and I quite enjoy it. I get to go to class and discuss esoteric concepts that won't actually be that applicable to the work that I will someday do. I get to write papers on whatever I fancy, and best of all, I get to torment young eager minds on a weekly basis.

As for food, well I love it. Last night Sima, Nat, and I went to a fancy "hipster" store, and let me tell you, there where a lot of hipsters there. Even the old people looked hip. No dogs, or yoga mats where present, but I am pretty sure most of the shoes being worn at this store where worth more than double the cost of everything on my back at the time. Anyways, I digress. So I was at a hipster store, and I got a cookbook. Yup, I got a hipster cookbook in a hipster store. And I love it, it's so awesome. Tonight, Sima and I made stir-fried noodles with crispy chicken....all from scratch. Tomorrow...who knows. But the possibilities are endless with my trusty hipster cookbook. If you ever come over to the left coast, I will make sure to whip something up.

So where does this leave us....I don't know. But hopefully you are jealous.

Oh yeah - no pride and prejudice tonight (phew). Instead, it's Buena Vista Social Club with some chocolate pudding cake.

Currently listening to: Dispatch - but you should listen to "The Decemberists". Why might you ask - because I told you so.

Next time on "Oak and 12th" Decking the Halls with Stephen, Paul, Jack, and Gilles: Why a Christmas election is just what we need.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still more interesting than my life. What happened today: went to work, didn't do any work, went for lunch, went back to work, did no work, went home, had supper, watched some tv, went to bed.

Note from the editor: some of these events have not yet happened. They are a reasonable extrapolation or current events.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home