Sunday, January 22, 2006

Our Little Apartment

Today it rained in Vancouver. Again. So like other Vancouverites, we stayed inside. Jonathan slacked off with a vengence today, and I did a hundred pages of reading on the Canadian Political Economy. And after that was done, we did two things we've been meaning to do for a long, long time.

1. We cleaned.
2. We took pictures.

With our house feeling finally complete, we thought we would give you guys a visual idea of how things swing at Oak and 12th. (Sorry it took us so long Katie!) But before that, let me say, from my family to yours - Happy Election Day-Eve!

BEFORE:







Aaaaaaand, AFTER! (Thanks again Jonathan, for licking all that dust off the floor).

























































































































And finally (if you are still scrolling), our more artistic attempts. Hey, it was really raining outside! What would you do?

























5 Comments:

Blogger Julien said...

I'm trying to figure out what the last picture is. Are you trying to show the texture of the fabric? Or maybe the colour? Or, perhaps it's one of those magic eye things. I gave up on that one, because after having my face stuck the screen and slowly moving it away 20 times, people in the library started to stare. My eyes hurt.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL, That last pic is their new sofa.

Pics look good guys! And so does the place! Total showroom place! I looooooove the new table! So many wild product shots can be done on that table (not that I want to do any on it ;) ).

Few things, for some reason photoblog removes all the exif info from your images, so I can't see the settings you used, but here are some helpful tips for your digital camera.

For those close up artistic shots, put the camera on MACRO mode. It'll change the focus point much more closer to your lens, so you'll get things more in focus. You have the A520 right? In Wide, you can get up to 5cm close in focus, and in tele, you can get up to 30cm close.

I'm not sure what your white balance was set on, but the pictures look a little warm (orangy). If thats what you were shooting for, cool, otherwise try shooting on a different WB and see if it brings out more natural colors.

Jon we gotta go out shooting one day once it warms up a little.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dub thee the Ikea Nerds.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I'm curious as to why, of everyone probably waiting to see pictures of your new apartment, *I* get the apology, thanks for sharing!! The place looks very swank, and you chose some sweet lighting to take the pictures in. Makes it very warm and inviting.

Glad you're enjoying your first home together!

Katie

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had Jonathan's hipster feminine and metrosexual touch. I guess I'm just the unlucky 21 year old wearing old tees, skater shoes, and wanting to be like seth cohen.

pj

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home