Friday, December 09, 2005

Naps, hockey, and home cooking

Aren't things looking up.

Don't worry - this one won't get too political - although I do have a few things to say about gun violence in Vancouver clubs. It strikes me as a bit loony to serve liquor to gun-laden young men in a dark, noisy, crowded environment owned by Vancouver's organized crime, and mix this with copious amounts of drugs, and a bunch of rowdy young (but dear-eyed) college students just looking to have a good time.

We'll leave that for another day, but I think it's safe to say, that issue is definitely not looking up.

So this week has been a bit of a bender for Jonathan and I. Over an eight day period, Jonathan (I kid you not) had three 20-page papers, two "take homes" (a whopping 20-pager plus a breezy 12-page final assignment) and one big ugly statistics final to accomplish. I had an equally exhausting week. I cooked, cleaned, baked, and polished up the drafts of papers I'd written weeks ago. Woe was us.

Until today. Jonathan handed in his last 40 pages of work and what a day it has been. Sunny, warm (+5 degrees), I napped for the greater part of the day, and Jonathan actually did a little victory hop-skip-twirl number just a couple hours ago. The house is clean (you should have seen the dust bunnies earlier through), and tonight we plan to feast on Nat's home cooking, apple cider, beer, and Christmas delicacies otherwise known as the procrastinatory baking I did a couple days ago. Currently, Jonathan is watching episodes of The Simpsons on his laptop, and I am taking a break from my second day's nap. With candles lit, Leonard Cohen playing, and not a single paper or intelligent sentence nagging to be written, life is indeed, that good.

Plus, the Sens play the Canucks tonight and that could get exciting, especially since, unlike other nights, we get to watch it! 2nd in the West vs. 1st in the East? All on home turf? Could a better NHL game serve itself up on a shinier silver platter today? I think not.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Go Canucks Go!

Thanks for the baking, it is simply amazing!

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home