Wednesday, February 08, 2006

How to spend a sunny February Tuesday

How do you do such a thing might you ask? Well, you go skiing. And that's exactly what I did.

I have slid down many a slope in my time - from lowly bumps in PEI, to the mighty Alps of France and Switzerland. I have gone skiing in places where it takes 15 minutes to experience all the runs on a mountain and locations where it could take upwards of a week to do so. Needless to say, I've seen my fair share. But I must say, skiing on the North Shore mountains provided me with one of the most spectacular views yet. The mix of urban and remote/wild landscapes, ocean and mountain views, was spectacular. I don't think I have seen anything like it before.

See for yourself..........The pictures are not amazing...But nevertheless





Oh yeah - the skiing.
It was awesome. No line-ups, extremely peaceful, some good pitches, tons of snow, and amazing weather. It was so warm that it felt like spring skiing. The snow softened up nicely and there was no ice to be found. Definitely a nice change from the ice that plagues Eastern Canada.

Here are some more pics.....





That is all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"posted by sima" ???

Damn you, looked like a stellar day to go skiing. I've done my share of weekday skiing trips and it beats weekend skiing by FAR.

Tuesday was a nice day, wish I had the day off. Let's see if this weekend works, then I'll finally get my ars back up there.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Julien said...

I hate you?

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to compliment Sima on her choice of facial hair..

Who said Goatees were only for men?

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just like to echo what julien said.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home