Monday, February 13, 2006

Night Shooting

Saturday night, after some whole wheat pizza and a rowdy game of settlers, Amish and I, with Sima and Nat in tow went night shooting around Vancouver. It was cold (not as cold as Ottawa), but the results made the trip worthwhile. Having not done any photography in a while, it was nice to "get out there again". I brought our little Canon A520 Digicam, as well as my old school film based Pentax. Thankfully Amish had an awesome tripod, so it was possible to do some nice long exposure shots of Vancouver.

The following are from the Canon - with no PS modification.

This one was shot at ISO 100 for 13secs at f8.


This one was shot at ISO 100, 15 secs, f8.


This one was shot at ISO 100, 10secs, f8

I'm curious to see how the film pictures turned out as I am not sure if I had colour or B&W in the camera. Also a few technical difficulties arose....the vagaries of film I guess.

Check out ditchmond.com to see what can be done with a sweet DSLR in the same shooting conditions.

That is all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Get that film developed! I'm most interested in seeing it, as after seeing film vs. digital in class, its completely different.

Love that last shot with the reflection on the water. I don't think I got that shot. Looks sweet!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home